TN70 GPS Receiver
ADS-B, full compliance for certified types
If you’re an aircraft owner looking for a fully compliant ADS-B Out solution, (usually in mandated airspace) then the TN70 is the ideal partner for a Trig transponder. The TN70 is simple to install and provides a great way to add a certified FAA TSO-C145 WAAS GPS receiver to complete your ADS-B Out installation.
- Interfaces with Trig transponder to provide ADS-B Out
- GPS receiver – certified to TSO-C199 (TABS) – ideal for certified types
- Meets position requirements of FAR 91.227 for experimental and light-sport aircraft – 2020 compliant in U.S.
- Enhances visibility and safety
- Collision avoidance (uses non zero quality indicators)
- Enables live tracking of aircraft
- Triggers traffic information services (TIS-B only available in U.S.)
- Low cost and light weight
- WAAS GPS receiver – kit includes Trig’s TA70 antenna
- Meets TSO-C145 – compliant for 2020 ADS-B
- Complete your ADS-B Out solution
- Requires no panel space – lightweight and easy to install
- Compatible with Trig transponders
|Product/ Model||Type||Supply Voltage||ADS-B 2020 Compliance (US)||Does this GPS come with the TA70 certified antenna?|
|9-23V||Yes – the TN70 will enable ADS-B Out and meets the latest FAA requirements.||Yes|
|Specification||TN70 GPS Reciever|
TSO-C145c, Beta 1 Receiver
DO-229D, DO-178B level C, DO-254 level C D0-160F
|Supply voltage (DC)||9-32 Volts|
|Typical consumption (at 14v)||
Typical: 0.2 Max: 0.3A
|Operating temperature||-55°C to + 70°C|
|Operating height||110,000 feet|
|Cooling requirement||no fan required|
|Dimensions (inches)||1.6” x 4.13” x 6.5”|
What's in the box
- EASA Form One
- TA70 certified Antenna
- Installation kit
Frequently Asked Questions
What else will I need to be ADS-B compliant?
The TN70 certified GPS reciever provides a compliant position source for your ADS-B Out system. A Trig transponder will also be required – this acts as the hub of your ADS-B Out solution transmitting data to ground stations and other aircraft (which are ADS-B equipped). In the U.S. FAA FAR 91.227 requires your installation to be capable of identifying the correct phase of flight – this demands some means of Air-Ground determination. Our STC provides a simple means to meet the regulations using a squat switch, weight on wheels switch or air data feed in certified types.
For further information on ADS-B read our Knowledge Bank article.
What certification does the TN70 hold?
The TN70 has FAA TSO certification, in most regions the TN70 will require an installation STC. Check our STC section for the latest approvals.
How heavy is the TN70?
The TN70 is light weight unit – the hardware box weighs 1.06 lbs and the antenna weighs 0.31lbs.
Can I buy the TN70 without the antenna?
The TN70 comes with an antenna as a bundled kit, optimised for the best results. We do not sell the TN70 as a stand alone unit.
When I purchase a TN70 what comes in the box?
The TN70 kit comes with WAAS GPS hardware unit, matching WAAS antenna and installation kit. The TN70 installation instructions are online only.