Software and Service Bulletins for pilots
Improvements and new features are available for your Trig product through software updates. These can be carried out by an Approved Trig Dealer, or suitably qualified installer. If you would like advice about the suitability, or need to update your Trig unit, please contact your local Approved Trig Dealer. They will be able to help you and organise the upgrade of your avionics.
The current version of software installed in your Trig product will be shown on the display at initial power up. Software versions run numerically, the higher the number the more recent the release – so the latest software will always include all the features of earlier versions.
The archive folders within the sidebar contains older versions of software. Once you have viewed an archive page, use the Back Button on your browser to return to this page.
Listed below are the current Trig product Software and Hardware versions.
TT21 AND TT22 Transponder
17/04/2018 version 2.13
This software improves GPS-only air/ground determination algorithm for ADS-B Out.
TC20 Transponder control head
04/09/2017 version 1.14
This software adds support for Trig TN72 as a FAR 91.227 compliant ADS-B position source and adds GPS only air-ground determination algorithm for ADS-B Out.
TY91 AND TY92 VHF RADIOS
06/05/2019 version 1.11
Reduces the susceptibility to incorrect squelch opening on aircraft with very high levels of RF noise radiating from the ignition system. It also has minor improvements to audio performance on received signals.
TC90 VHF RADIO CONTROL HEAD
04/04/2018 version 1.6
Improves behaviour when connecting to compatible Garmin GPS products, to push frequencies to the standby channel.
TY96 AND TY97 VHF RADIO
14/08/2019 version 1.9
Software version 1.9 makes the following changes:
1. Reduces the susceptibility to incorrect squelch opening on aircraft with very high levels of RF noise radiating from the ignition system.
2. Has minor improvements to audio performance on received signals.
3. Allows the radio to recall the previous tuning knob step size s(8.33/25h/50 kHz when turned off)
4. Corrects an error when trying to load a frequency database with more than 255 entries.
24/09/2018 version 3.18
TT31 software version 3.18 improves performance of Mode S replies to certain interrogations, correcting software versions 3.14, 3.15, 3.16 and 3.17.
01/10/2018 version 1.0
This Hardware Service Bulletin applies to TT31 transponders approved under ETSO authorisation EASA.21O.643 Rev B and EASA.21O.906 Rev A, part number 00220-00-(XX) and part number 00225-00-(XX) which are:
- Serial number from 05767 to 09715;
- Modification Level 6 or below;
- Installed in an orientation which is NOT a conventional aft-facing avionics stack mounting.