Careers in Trig
We are always interested to hear from talented individuals with a passion for aviation.
Trig is a growing company, with an enthusiastic, friendly and driven workforce. Each department in Trig strives for design excellence and innovation, with our ‘Better by Design’ philosophy, we aim high and are passionate about achieving the best.
We have a fantastic culture, built by people who share a passion for aviation, technology and innovation. Our size ensures that everyone has a part to play in our success. People at Trig are encouraged to get involved and with support take on responsibilities – to make things happen. We have regular and varied social events including our extraordinary annual flying day for all employees.
To find our more watch the video below:
Trig has a great benefits package comparable with much larger employers. Our terms and conditions are determined by our commitment to our people; investing in them to ensure a good work/life balance.
Our benefits include:
- 30 days’ holiday entitlement plus 3 fixed public holidays on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- A working week of 37.5 hours with flexible working around the core hours of 10am-3pm.
- Life cover of 4 x salary.
- Matched pension contribution up to 4% of salary.
- Childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
- Sponsored learning and personal development – including subsidised flying lessons.
Trig is based at Heriot Watt Research Park, Edinburgh. Our building is adjacent to Heriot Watt University, providing access to on site facilities; including sports centre, restaurants and campus shops. The research park has free car parking and good transport links.
Trig Avionics is a leading provider of General Aviation avionics for communications, navigation and surveillance. Our business is flourishing; we are taking on significant new development programs in avionics and we are seeing an ever-increasing demand for our products.
- Buyer Planner - Apply now
As the Buyer Planner within Manufacturing you will report to our Procurement Specialist and you will provide support for growth in our product portfolio, and ensure we meet the forecast demand and our products are delivered on time. We work within a highly-regulated sector and, because our products are used in light aircraft, we must ensure that they comply with stringent industry standards.
The key accountabilities of this role include:
- Supporting the vendor selection process.
- Assisting with the costing of bills of materials for new products.
- Making direct and indirect material purchases.
- Managing relationships with suppliers.
- Expediting overdue material.
- Negotiating with suppliers on quality, cost and lead time.
- Producing production plans and schedules in line with sales forecasts and orders.
- Communicating with suppliers on the implementation of engineering changes.
- Planning and scheduling work through Trig Manufacturing to meet forecast/customer demand.
- Liaising with suppliers to manage stock levels and optimise stock turns.
- Conducting regular stock checks to maintain accuracy to agreed targets.
This means that you will have excellent organisational ability and possess good written and verbal communication skills. You’ll have relevant experience in purchasing and stock management within electronic manufacturing and you should also have experience of business analysis on cost, spend, lead times and capacity planning.
Ability to use MS office applications to intermediate level is essential as is experience of MRP systems. It would be great if you’ve worked on cross functional teams in an SME environment.
Trig is a small, friendly and diverse team environment and we have a real commitment to our customers. To be successful at Trig you will have a positive attitude, flexibility and a desire to deliver great products for customers. It also helps if you share our passion for flying.
We work 37.5 hours per week with flexible working around the core working hours of 10am until 3pm. We offer 33 days annual leave, life cover of 4x annual salary, and matched pension contributions of up to 4%. We have a strong commitment to health and wellbeing and offer health checks and flu jabs. We hold regular team and social events, including an annual flying day where everyone has opportunities to take to the air in a variety of aircraft.
Trig Avionics is a leading provider of General Aviation avionics for communications, navigation and surveillance. We are building a strong team to deliver on our ambitious aspirations as we expand our range of products and increase our market share.
- Senior Software Engineer - Apply now
Trig Avionics has a great opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Engineer to join us at this exciting phase of our growth as we are take on significant new engineering development programs in avionics.
Our Senior Software Engineers are responsible for developing and maintaining embedded software for new or existing products. This includes:
- Designing and developing embedded software for the company’s products.
- Contributing to projects covering the whole product life-cycle; encompassing specification, feasibility, development, verification, certification, handover to volume manufacturing and maintenance.
- Ensuring that Engineering support is provided for existing products.
- Supervising and mentoring more junior software engineers.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proven experience as a real time, embedded software engineer (3 – 5 years).
- Ability to develop software in C or C++, following the company standards.
- Ability to use Microsoft Visual Studio or Keil ARM development systems and ICE.
- Ability to produce software design and test documentation to DO-178C.
- Experience of working in a commercial research and development environment.
- High standard of technical documentation.Knowledge and experience of certification of products and design for manufacture will be an advantage. Whilst avionics experience is also advantageous, we are keen to hear from you if you have designed and produced small devices within a small to medium sized enterprise. It would be a bonus if you have an interest in aviation.
Reporting to the Lead Software Engineer, you’ll join a small, friendly team and receive excellent personal and professional development. We offer a very attractive benefits package which may also include subsidised flying lessons.
How to Apply
If you are interested in these opportunities or have relevant expertise to bring to our team then please get in touch.
Lynn Reid, HR Manager, Trig Avionics Limited
Tel: +44 (0)131 449 8810